Butterless Drop Biscuits. The Best Homemade Biscuits Without Butter Recipes on Yummly Homemade Biscuit Mix And Biscuit, Homemade Biscuit Mix, Honey Yogurt Biscuits. Great recipe for Butterless Drop Biscuits.
This is just a yummy version to whip up when you want biscuits, but find yourself without butter. Drop by heaping tablespoons (or forkfulls) onto an ungreased baking sheet. Add a little extra color with a dash of paprika. You can make Butterless Drop Biscuits using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Butterless Drop Biscuits
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of flour.
- You need 1 tbs of sugar.
- You need 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of mayonnaise.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Make a well in the flour mixture. Pour all of the heavy cream into the flour well at once. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar and salt.
Butterless Drop Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Prepare one baking sheet by lightly greasing or lining with parchment paper. Set aside..
- In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder..
- In a medium bowl wisk together milk and mayonnaise. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined. Do not over mix so you don't have tough biscuits..
- Use an ice cream scoop or 1/4 cup measuring cup sprayed with cooking spray to drop 12 mounds of dough on cookie sheet spaced 1 1/2 inches apart..
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes turning halfway through..
- Herbed Cheddar Garlic variation: After wisking dry ingredients together gently stir in 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning before adding wet ingredients..
Stir in butter and milk just until moistened. Drop batter on a lightly greased cookie sheet by the tablespoon. Just as tender and fluffy as traditional drop biscuits, but don't let the name fool you. These are not fat free biscuits just because they are butterless. This is just a yummy version to whip up when you want biscuits, but find yourself without butter..