Roasted Ham with Honey Glaze. Crispy Honey-Glazed Ham – How to Make a Honey Baked Holiday Ham. Perfect Roast Ham with Marmalade Glaze Serve your dinner guests a honey-glazed ham without the name brand price tag.
Bring to the boil, lower the heat and simmer. Meanwhile, combine the brown sugar and honey in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until the mixture is smooth and the sugar has dissolved. Rinse the ham, then dry thoroughly. You can make Roasted Ham with Honey Glaze using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Roasted Ham with Honey Glaze
- It’s of Honey glaze.
- It’s 100 grams of Honey.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of ＊ Ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ＊ Coriander (powdered).
- You need 1 tsp of ＊ Grand fennel (powdered).
- You need 3 clove of ＊ Garlic.
- It’s 1 large of ＊ Bay leaf.
- You need 1 of ＊ Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 of ＊ Red chili pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of ＊ Star anise (powdered).
- It’s 1 large of leaf ＊ Bay leaf.
- It’s 2 tsp of ＊ Orange zest.
- Prepare 100 ml of ● Brandy.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ● Soy sauce and meat juices as needed.
- Prepare of Roast ham.
- Prepare 1 1/5 kg of ♢ Pork.
- Prepare 1 of ♢ Salt and pepper (a generous sprinkling).
- Prepare 100 ml of each ♢ White wine, water.
Peel the garlic, chop and grind finely with the salt. Mix with pepper, coriander, thyme and oil to a paste. Whole roasted ham is a holiday staple, Christmas and Easter tables wouldn't be the same without it. Top pre-cooked whole ham with an orange-honey This will prevent the ham from drying out.
Roasted Ham with Honey Glaze instructions
- (I used pork that was tied up with string. If you use one that isn't tied, tie it yourself using string so that it keeps a nice shape.) Preheat the oven to 160°C..
- Season with lots of salt and pepper. Place the ♢ ingredients into a heat-resistant container or pot..
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in an oven preheated to 325°F (160°C). Bake for 2 1/2 – 3 hours..
- This what it will look like midway through. You don't need to ladle the juices over the meat..
- (20 minutes before it's done baking) Measure out the honey and add 100 g to a pot. I recommend using a deep pot for this. Turn the heat to medium. Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix..
- Measure out the ＊ ingredients..
- After 7-8 minutes the glaze will be a caramel color….
- Add the prepared ingredients from Step 6..
- Add the ● ingredients and lower the heat to medium-low..
- Add the roasted ham and the strained meat juices and bring to a simmer..
- Turn the ham and let it simmer. Repeat these two steps, watching carefully. This should take about 20 minutes (adjust the heat so that it doesn't boil over)..
- Once the entire ham is glazed, it's done. Cut the string with scissors and serve..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad
Re-cover the ham with foil and place back in the oven until finished cooking. I ended up buying a Niman Ranch spiral-cut, bone-in ham from Costco. (It was delicious.) Now that you have your ham — probably about five to seven pounds — you have to decide how to serve it. You could of course just serve it cold, but for a lunch like this I prefer to serve it. I cooked the ham by roasting it in the oven. This will partially cook the ham.