Spider Web Chocolate cake.
You can have Spider Web Chocolate cake using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spider Web Chocolate cake
- Prepare 150 grams of self raising flour.
- You need 200 grams of castor sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 200 grams of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 50 grams of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of chocolate extract.
- You need 145 ml of heavy cream.
- It’s 100 grams of dark chocolate.
- Prepare 50 grams of white chocolate.
Spider Web Chocolate cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease and line 2 x 20 cm round baking tins with baking parchment. Beat together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add eggs one by one and beat well continue. Add vanilla extract in between..
- Fold in the flour, cocoa powder and chocolate extract until combined. Then spoon the mixture carefully between each tin and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the cakes are risen and golden brown and when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean..
- To Make the ganache, take a heat proof bowl and add broken clearly chocolate and cream. Melt over a pan of simmering water. Stir occasionally. Once done remove from the heat and let it cool and thicken..
- When the chocolate ganache has thickened, cover the top of one cake and place your second cake on top. Pour the rest of the ganache over the cakes, ensuring cover from all sides..
- Melt the white chocolate gently over a pan of water. Spoon this into a piping bag(I have used sandwich bag) and make circular lines over the cake. Take a cocktail stick and drag lines outwards from the centre to form a spider web. Enjoy this delicious and spongy chocolate spider web cake..