Biscuits and Sausage Gravy. Gradually add milk; cook until mixture comes to a boil and thickens, stirring constantly. In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add butter and heat until melted.
Like most traditional renditions, this recipe uses pork sausage to add flavor and texture to the gravy, but you can substitute with any kind of ground sausage, from chicken to turkey. How to make biscuits and gravy: Start with your favorite creamy breakfast gravy. Obviously this sausage gravy recipe is my favorite, but I've also made Country Bacon Gravy, Country Mushroom Gravy if you need a meatless version, and Gluten Free Sausage Gravy.; Keep the gravy warm over very low heat until you're read to serve. You can make Biscuits and Sausage Gravy using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
- It’s 16 oz of Bob Evans Savory Sage Ground Sausage.
- You need 1 can of Pillsbury Grands! Southern Homestyle Buttermilk Biscuits.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 3 cups of milk.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of salt.
Drop Biscuits and Sausage Gravy Delectable textured drop biscuits and a beautiful sausage gravy to go over the top. Slice cooked biscuits in half crosswise and keep warm. Biscuits and gravy is a popular breakfast dish in the United States, especially in the South. The dish consists of soft dough biscuits covered in either sawmill or meat gravy, made from the drippings of cooked pork sausage, white flour, milk, and often (but not always) bits of sausage, bacon, ground beef, or other meat.
Biscuits and Sausage Gravy instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees..
- Bake 6-8 biscuits on parchment paper on large baking sheet for 13-15 minutes..
- Brown sausage in pan on medium heat..
- Add flour and stir..
- Gradually add milk 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly..
- Add pepper and salt. Cook and stir until thick..
- Slice biscuits in half, pouring gravy between top & bottom layers, and on top of biscuits..
- Serve and enjoy!.
- TIP: Add 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper for a spicier version..
The gravy is often flavored with black pepper Return sausage/onion mixture back to skillet. Over medium/low heat, gradually add flour. Turn to coat sausage and cook until golden (approx). Cook until gravy reaches desired thickness (stirring frequently). Cook biscuits according to package directions.