Spider web chocolate cake. The chocolate cake is flavored with cocoa powder and intensified with a touch of instant espresso powder. Melted marshmallow across a cake looks just like a spider web. This should be called my billion dollar sheet cake because it's SO RICH!
So I found a way to write messages or pictures on the inside of the jar as well as add lots and lots more. Try our easy to follow chocolate spider web cake recipe. Perfect for Halloween and so fun! -@lifeloveandsugar. You can have Spider web chocolate cake using 19 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Spider web chocolate cake
- You need of For cake.
- Prepare 75 g of All purpose flour.
- You need 100 g of castor sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of butter.
- You need 25 g of cocoa powder.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s of Few drops vanilla essence.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need of Milk if the batter is too thick.
- You need of For making ganache with cocoa powder.
- It’s 35 g of unsalted butter.
- It’s 75 g of powdered sugar.
- You need 25 g of cocoa powder.
- You need 90 ml of fresh cream.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coffee powder.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
Chocolate cake decorated with a spider web design made from piped white chocolate ganache. The main thing is the decoration – my lame attempt at spider web is just a suggestion. Spider Web Shape Chocolate Mold Cobweb Silicone Mould Transfer Sheet Halloween Cake Decorating Chablon DIY Garnish For Desser. This webbed cake is not only deliciously chocolaty but really quick and easy to decorate.
Spider web chocolate cake step by step
- Grease and line a baking tray with parchment paper or butter paper and set aside..
- Sieve the all purpose flour or maida, cocoa powder along with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside..
- In a glass bowl, cream butter and sugar till creamy..
- To this add the eggs one at a time and beat using a hand blender till the eggs are well combined. Don't over beat the mixture..
- Now add the dry ingredients little by little and mix using the cut and fold method. (I don't use the hand blender to mix in the flour at this stage).
- Once the all the dry ingredients are added, add milk and vanilla essence and give it one finally mix..
- Preheat an oven at 200° Celsius for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, spoon the batter into the lined baking tray..
- Bake the cake at 180°Celsius for 40 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean or till fully baked. Cool on a wire rack..
- TO MAKE THE COCOA POWDER CHOCOLATE GANACHE: Melt the butter in a heavy bottom saucepan.
- Then add the sugar and cocoa powder and mix well on low heat..
- Once the sugar and cocoa powder are combined add the fresh cream and mix..
- Remove from stove and add the vanilla essence and salt. Mix well..
- Let the ganache cool to room temperature and then put in the refrigerator to thicken. (Note: As this ganache cools it will thicken).
- Once the cake is cooled pop it in the refrigerator to cool so it is easy to cut and decorate later..
- TO DECORATE THE CAKE: Divide the cake into two. Keep one half of the cake on a cake board and layer it with the prepared chocolate ganache..
- Then put the second layer on top. Pour the remaining ganache on top and smoothen it with a palette knife or a spatula. Keel the cake in the refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- TO MAKE SPIDERWEB DESIGN: Melt white chocolate and put in a piping bag. Then pipe a spiral onto the cake starting from the centre. Take a cocktail stick and drag lines outwards from the centre to form a spider web.
- And voila! Your spiderweb cake is ready. ENJOY!.
- NOTE: For a smooth texture ganache, sieve the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Using the same ganache you can decorate as you desire..
If you're looking for ideas on how to impress your dinner guests, take a look at our ideas section, including this Marbled Chocolate Spider Web Cake. Combine the flour, cornflour, sugar, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Garnish with "spider" made from candies. This Spiderweb Chocolate Tart is such a delightfully chocolatey dessert for Halloween! The filling is primarily a mixture of cream cheese, sugar, cocoa and whipped cream.