Lamb Meatball & Root Vegetable Stew with Drop Biscuits. Lamb Meatballs from Delish.com taste amazing on their own but unforgettable when paired with this herb-yogurt green goddess sauce. Lamb Meatballs Are Too Sophisticated For Spaghetti. Beautifully spiced Moroccan Lamb Meatballs served with a Minted Yoghurt Sauce.
These oven baked Greek lamb meatballs are incredibly flavorful. The feta and Panko bread crumbs make these meatballs juicy and tender. They are delicious by themselves for an entree or add them. You can cook Lamb Meatball & Root Vegetable Stew with Drop Biscuits using 32 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lamb Meatball & Root Vegetable Stew with Drop Biscuits
- It’s of ~For the meatballs.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground lamb.
- It’s 1 cup of Panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 2 tsp of dried marjoram.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need of ~For the stew base.
- Prepare 3 of large carrots.
- It’s 2 of large parsnips.
- Prepare 2 of large turnips.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- It’s 4 tbs of unsalted butter.
- You need 3 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 4 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 1 (28 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Additional salt & pepper.
- It’s Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional).
- It’s of ~For the biscuits.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 tbs of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- You need 3/4 cup of mayonnaise.
The lamb works perfectly with the Middle Eastern spices in this easy recipe. For a change of pace, try ground lamb the next time you make meatballs. The lamb really works perfectly with the Middle. The Lamb Meatball Stew recipe out of our category Lamb!
Lamb Meatball & Root Vegetable Stew with Drop Biscuits step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Grease with cooking spray..
- Mix all meatball ingredients together in a large bowl until just combined. Scoop out 1 tbs of mixture at a time. Roll into balls. Place on cookie sheet spaced evenly apart. Should make about 24. Place in oven. Bake 15 minutes. Remove from oven when done..
- While meatballs cook, chop onion to 1/4 in pieces. Peel carrots and parsnips. Trim ends and chop carrots, parsnips, and turnips into large chunks (about 1" pieces)..
- Melt butter over medium heat in a large pot. Add onion. Sautée until just translucent, stirring frequently. About 5 minutes..
- Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes more. Wisk in beef broth, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil stirring often..
- Add carrots, parsnips, and turnips. Reduce heat to medium low, cover with lid off-set to vent. Simmer 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Stir in meatballs, simmer 10 minutes more. Preheat oven to 450°F (yep, oven on again)..
- While stew simmers with meatballs stir dry biscuit ingredients together in a large bowl. Wisk together mayo and milk in a small bowl..
- Spray a 1/4 cup measuring cup with cooking spray (do this every couple biscuits). Scoop biscuit dough 1/4 cup at a time and gently drop on top of stew distributed evenly (I do 7 in a ring, 1 in the center)..
- Place pot in oven uncovered. Bake until biscuit tops are golden. About 15 minutes..
Lamb Meatball Stew – A tasty Middle Eastern dish that's quick to prepare. An easy recipe for baked lamb meatballs. Served with a tasty yogurt sauce, they are wonderfully flavorful! This easy recipe relies on the inherently bold flavor of lamb. It is for crisp lamb meatballs cooked through in a fragrant, vaguely North African sauce of tomato sauce zipped up with orange juice and warm spices, then topped with feta and mint.