Italian Wedding Soup. We Have Almost Everything On eBay. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork. After reading everyone elses reviews this is what I did to make the best Italian wedding soup I've EVER tasted.
In large sauce pan, heat broth to boiling; stir in spinach, orzo, carrot& meatballs. Italian Wedding Soup is warm and comforting and filled with tender chicken meatballs, carrots, spinach, and acici de pepe. This classic Italian soup will become and instant family favorite! You can make Italian Wedding Soup using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Italian Wedding Soup
- Prepare 1 of small sliced onion.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, cut into 1/4 in pieces.
- It’s 2 (32 oz) of cartons Chicken Broth, Kitchen Basic is a good brand.
- You need 16 oz of frozen cheese tortellini.
- You need 12 oz of bag of spinach rinsed.
- You need 2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare pinch of Bell's Poultry Seasoning.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 1/2 bag of small party sized meatballs – *Trader Joes Party Size Meatballs" or make your own bite-sized meatballs.
We love a good warm bowl of soup at our house. This soup is full of flavor, comfort and all blended together for perfection! I used to be intimidated to make Italian Wedding Soup. I have no Italian lineage and my mom never made it growing up, so for whatever reason it seemed easy to mess up.
Italian Wedding Soup step by step
- Over medium heat, add olive oil, onion and celery and saute 5 to 6 minutes until softened..
- Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add tortellini and cook for 6 mins..
- Stir in parmesan cheese, Bell's seasoning, salt, pepper and meatballs. Stir in spinach and stir for 1 minute..
- Ladle soup in bowls and top with parmesan cheese..
But I'm here to tell you it is so easy to make and following this simple recipe people may likely think it was passed down from an Italian Grandmother. In the meantime, for the soup, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a large heavy-bottomed soup pot. In a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion. The name of this soup refers to the marriage between two of the main ingredients: the green veggies (spinach or kale) and the meat ( chicken meatballs or sausage), and the beautiful flavors produced by this coupling. Wedding soup consists of green vegetables (usually endive and escarole or cabbage, lettuce, kale, and/or spinach) and meat (usually meatballs and/or sausage, the latter sometimes made of chicken and containing Italian parsley and parmesan cheese) in a clear chicken-based broth.