Butternut Squash Soup & Mediterranean Stuffed Butternut Squash. It adds just the right balance for the squash. Ready in an hour and freezes well. Fortunately for you, it could not be easier.
This deep golden soup is as pretty as it is yummy. If you'd like, you can intensify the garlic flavor by adding an extra bulb. Smoked paprika-spiced popcorn serves as an unusual, yet genius, topper to this recipe that can be cooked up in under an hour. You can cook Butternut Squash Soup & Mediterranean Stuffed Butternut Squash using 18 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup & Mediterranean Stuffed Butternut Squash
- It’s of chicken.
- It’s of bay laurel.
- You need of fresh mixed herb.
- You need of citrus peel.
- You need of butternut squash.
- You need of kale.
- You need of garlic.
- You need of onion.
- Prepare of Mediterranean flavored feta cheese.
- You need of dried cranberries.
- It’s of olive oil.
- Prepare of salt & pepper.
- Prepare of chicken broth.
- It’s of cinammon.
- It’s of nutmeg.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- You need of apple.
- Prepare of butter.
You're just a few ingredients away from this incredibly delicious, comforting, and healthy soup. The farmer's market is stocked with beautiful squashes and pumpkins this time of year. I bought this beautiful squash and got inspired to paint my kitchen the same color. This soup is so easy to make, and takes a very short time.
Butternut Squash Soup & Mediterranean Stuffed Butternut Squash instructions
- Make poached chicken. put citrus peel, bay leaf, cooking wine, thyme, salt and pepper in pot, and bring it to boil..
- Then put chicken breast inside for about 10 min..
- Pre-heat the oven in 375F. Poke butternut squash with fork a few times and microwave for 2 min. Cut into half then..
- Drizzle olive oil, pepper, salt, thyme (&rosemary) and put butter inside. Bake for 45min in 375F..
- Save the chicken broth, cut the chicken into one-bite size.
- This is the other half of the squash! Peel it..
- Cut this squash and onion and apple into small pieces..
- Season with olive oil, salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg and butter. Bake this in 425F for 30min..
- Scoop out the squash and we'll mix this with other ingredients..
- Pan-fry onion, kale and garlic. add salt and pepper..
- Add the one-bite size chicken inside and squash from step 9..
- Take the ingredients from step 8, put all into blender..
- Add the chicken broth (step 5), more salt pepper cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Blend it until all are smoothed out. (Pan-fry sage leave with olive oil for 10sec) Served the soup with heavy cream and the sage..
- Stuff the food from step 11 back into the squash shell. Sprinkle Mediterranean flavored feta cheese and cranberry and thyme. Done!.
Enjoy this any time of the year, as it can be served cold or hot, depending on the season. It is healthy and goes with any meal. It's a healthy, hearty, delicious single serving meal! It has added red pepper and ginger, and is deliciously smooth.