Spider plant vegetables (saga/saget) #themechallenge. INDIGINEOUS SPIDER PLANT (Cleome gynandra) (SAGA/SAGET). Scientific Name Spider plant (Cleome gynandra L) is an indigenous leafy vegetable, which is widely consumed by the majority of the rural and urban population in Kenya. Spider plant originated in Africa and Tropical Asia but now has a worldwide distribution.
Not a traditional vegetable of the Central Bantu. Узнать причину. Закрыть. Mitto (crotalaria), Saget/saga (spider plant), Seveve/Malenge (pumpkin leaves), Terere (amaranthus), Nderema (bacella alba), Managu/Osuga (black night shade), and today's recipe which includes Kunde (cow pea leaves) and Mrenda (jute). These are some of the indigenous leafy vegetables available in. You can cook Spider plant vegetables (saga/saget) #themechallenge using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Spider plant vegetables (saga/saget) #themechallenge
- Prepare of Raw saget, quantity depends on your needs.
- It’s of Tomatoes, sliced.
- It’s of Onion, sliced.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Fresh milk.
Spider plants are easy to propagate. Spider plant babies are the offshoots (also called spiderettes or plantlets) that grow out from the main plant. Companion planting is a clever technique to deter pests and improve productivity by planting certain vegetables or flowers together. Spider plant care, Chlorophytum Comosum is easy, a tough houseplant and a great "test plant" to learn about caring for house plants.
Spider plant vegetables (saga/saget) #themechallenge instructions
- Prepare your saga by removing weeds and the long stems.
- Wash to remove sand till water comes clear. In the process make sure you place your pot with 2 cups of water on medium heat and bring to boil. You can add salt to the water in this stage.
- Once the water boil, add your saga to cook for around 8-10 minutes till tender.N/b: there are two types of saga(the tender-ones i used here and mature ones). Length of cooking depends on type of saga used.
- Gather your other ingredients.
- Place your frying pot on medium heat and add oil enough for frying the veggies. Heat the oil till hot enough then add the onion and cook till tender and golden brown.
- Add your tomatoes, cover the pot and let them cook till tender.
- Add your saga and mix till well incorporated with the oil, onion and tomatoes. If you didn’t add salt to water in step 2 or what you put was not enough, this is the stage where you add the salt to the veggies..
- Add the milk, cover the pot and simmer the veggies for around 5 minutes. Heat should be on low..
- After 5 minutes your veggies are ready to serve. Best served with ugali and some meat😊.
The Spider Plant (Chlorophytum comosum) is a favorite, houseplant. These sturdy little houseplants are easy to. Spider plants (chlorophytum comosum) may also be called Airplane plants. They are one of the most adaptable and easy to grow houseplants, so. Why You Should Use Companion Plants in Your Garden.