Sophie's spicy pineapple crock pot ham.
You can cook Sophie's spicy pineapple crock pot ham using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sophie's spicy pineapple crock pot ham
- It’s 1 lb of ham/gammon joint (I used boneless)..
- You need 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of tin pineapple.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced jalapenos.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
Sophie's spicy pineapple crock pot ham step by step
- Crumble sugar into the bottom of your slow cooker. Mix in jalapenos, garlic powder, and the juice from your pineapple tin..
- Chop half the pineapple into chunks, and put in the slow cooker..
- Mix thoroughly, then add your meat. If you can, put it fat side down..
- Rub the exposed meat with more sugar, put the lid on and bake for the first hour on high..
- After an hour, turn the temperature down to low and continue to cook for another 3 hours. This is based on a 1.5lb piece of meat – you will need to adjust your cooking time accordingly..
- Half way through the cooking time you may wish to turn your meat over. Baste it with the juices, then sprinkle more sugar on top..
- At the end of the cooking time, remove from the slow cooker and leave to rest for 5-10 minutes..
- While the ham is resting, put about 50ml of the cooking liquid into a saucepan. Heat gently, and add 1tbsp of corn flour. Store until it starts to thicken, and then add the rest of the juices and 100ml vegetable stock. Simmer for a few minutes and remove from the heat..
- Slice up your ham, serve with the sauce and whatever accompaniments you wish..
recipe by justanothersoph @cookpad