Pumpkin Pie Spice. Pumpkin pie spice, also known as pumpkin spice, is an American spice mix commonly used as an ingredient in pumpkin pie. Pumpkin pie spice is similar to the British and Commonwealth mixed spice. It is generally a blend of ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and sometimes allspice.
I needed some pumpkin pie spice for a Pumpkin Cranberry bread (also from this site) and voila! For years, I thought pumpkin pie spice actually had pumpkin in it. How on earth would you get pumpkin in there? You can cook Pumpkin Pie Spice using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- It’s 3 tbsp. of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of ground allspice.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of ground cloves.
In any case, pumpkin pie spice is simply a blend of. Pumpkin Pie Spice is so easy to make at home. You can amp up the cloves and ginger for a sharper flavor, or the cinnamon, for a softer, cozier spice. I have an addiction to spices.
Pumpkin Pie Spice step by step
- Simply put everything in a small, airtight container, place the lid on tightly and shake it up..
- That's it! Enjoy in various different recipes and ways..
Use Pumpkin Pie Spice to flavor your favorite fall pies, breads, cookies, and cakes. You can also use it to spice up your whipped cream, yogurt, lattes, oatmeal, or roasted fall veggies. Substitute pumpkin pie spice in place of cinnamon or nutmeg in your favorite fall recipes! Why purchase store bought pumpkin pie spice when you can make the delicious, aromatic blend yourself! Pumpkin pie spice has many uses beyond pumpkin pie.