Unique Easter koulourakia.
You can have Unique Easter koulourakia using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Unique Easter koulourakia
- You need 430 g of sugar.
- Prepare 8 of egg yolks and 5 egg whites.
- You need 150 g of clarified butter.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 24 g of baker's ammonia.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 kg of all purpos flour (and a little more if necessary).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tepid milk.
Unique Easter koulourakia instructions
- Beat the sugar and egg yolks until they turn light..
- Beat the egg whites to a stiff meringue..
- Add the baking soda dissolved in the lemon juice, the baker's ammonia dissolved in the tepid milk and the vanilla into the mixer's bowl..
- Move the mixture into the bowl you will knead them in and then add the meringue softly folding it in using a silicone spatula..
- When the meringue is fully incrorporated start adding the flour gradually. The mixture is sticky..
- Dip your hands into the melted butter and knead the dough until you run out of butter and you have an average dough that you set aside for 30 minutes to rest..
- Form the koulourakia into any shape you like and bake in the oven until golden brown. Don't use a lot of dough for each koulouraki because they rise and you want cookies not mini breads..
recipe by Cookpad Greece @cookpad