Date and Nut Bread.
You can have Date and Nut Bread using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Date and Nut Bread
- You need of pitted dates, 8 oz.
- You need of sugar.
- Prepare of boiling water.
- It’s of butter.
- Prepare of eggs.
- You need of baking soda.
- It’s of baking soda.
- Prepare of vanilla.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of sifted flour.
- It’s of chopped walnuts.
- You need of Nonstick cooking spray.
- You need of empty, clean aluminum cans or mini loaf pans.
- You need of Optional: Whipped cream cheese or softened butter.
Date and Nut Bread step by step
- In a mixing bowl, add dates, baking soda and boiling water to soften. Let stand until you can touch..
- Add all other ingredients, except nuts, and mix together with a spoon. Mix in nuts last..
- Spray cans with nonstick spray. Split the batter evenly over 6 cans, filling 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. Let cool and the loaves will pop right out! Have the butter or whipped cream ready!.
recipe by Adrianne Meszaros @cookpad