Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in the shortening with a fork until it looks like cornmeal. Okay, this was an okay attempt at chocolate gravy, but I had to tweak it.
Gently press down the top of the biscuits. Brush the hot biscuits with the remaining melted butter. Split the biscuits in half and ladle Chocolate Gravy over the hot biscuits. You can have Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits
- You need of —Biscuits ——–.
- You need 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 2/3 cup of milk.
- You need of —gravy ———-.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- You need 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- You need of —-scooter ———-.
- It’s 8 tablespoon of butter.
Chocolate Gravy: Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits Okay. Two words that you don't likely associate together, so I know this is a totally weird concept. But hey, don't knock it till ya try it cuz I tell you what, there are lots of google searches that land here looking for this stuff. Give it a try and I'm guessing you'll be sold too.
Chocolate Gravy and Biscuits instructions
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the biscuit ingredients..
- Form into 8 biscuits put into oven for 20 minutes..
- Mix the ingredients for gravy.
- Heat stirring often till your desired thickness.
- When you split the biscuits add a tablespoon of butter to each split biscuit.
- Add chocolate gravy over the buttered biscuits. Serve, I hope you enjoy!.
Chocolate gravy served over biscuits is popular for breakfast in the South! Chocolate gravy is a breakfast treat that grownups as well as children will love. If you have not tried chocolate gravy for breakfast spread over homemade biscuits you are in for a surprise. It is so good you will be going back for more. Grandmas and Nanas have been making this chocolate gravy for years for grandchildren for breakfast.