Scalloped Potatos. My favorite cheesy, creamy, garlicky, always-delicious scalloped potatoes recipe. Scalloped potatoes come together with just a few basic ingredients from the pantry. The ingredients are simple but makes the best recipe!
My idea of the BEST Scalloped Potatoes! These are rich and creamy and have just the right amount of cheesy flavor. The sauce has the perfect consistency and the potatoes are perfectly baked. You can have Scalloped Potatos using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatos
- It’s 4 cups of thinly sliced potatoes.
- You need 3 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 dash of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated cheese, to sprinkle on top.
How do you thicken scalloped potatoes? To thicken scalloped potatoes, keep cooking the sauce a minute or so longer than directed before adding the cheese. Scalloped potatoes are thinly sliced potatoes cooked in a creamy sauce. Typically speaking, potatoes cooked in a cheese sauce are referred to as "au gratin" potatoes, but many recipes for.
Scalloped Potatos instructions
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour. Let sit for a minute..
- Add all of the cold milk, stirring with a whisk..
- Season with salt and cayenne..
- Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk..
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese..
- Place half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish..
- Pour half of the cheese sauce over potatoes..
- Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce..
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top..
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 60 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly on top..
My favorite recipe for vegan scalloped potatoes- ultra creamy, cheesy, garlicky and comforting. Oh vegan scalloped potatoes, where have you been all my life? Think scalloped potatoes and gratins are one and the same? Both are made with thinly sliced potatoes cooked in cream, but they have one small, but significant, difference. Scalloped Potatoes Recipe – This easy scalloped potatoes recipe is so creamy, cheesy, and out of this world delicious!