Prawn cocktail starter. Make The Famous Cocktail & Taste The Lighthearted Spirit Of The Aperol Spritz®. Go retro with a prawn cocktail. Cut up the lettuce into small pieces and place in bowls or on small plates.
A small portion of risotto makes a wonderful Italian starter, and Pascal Aussignac tops his Poutargue risotto with Prawn cocktail. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper and hang a hot prawn or two off the side of the bowl or jar. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over. You can make Prawn cocktail starter using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Prawn cocktail starter
- Prepare 12-15 of raw king prawns.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of mayo.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of ketchup.
- Prepare of Bread.
- Prepare of Salad.
- Prepare of Paprika.
Rinse them in a large sieve under a cold tap, then pat dry with kitchen paper. In those days it used to be something simple but really luscious, yet over the years it has suffered from some very poor adaptations, not least watery prawns and inferior sauces. So here, in all its former glory, is a starter quite definitely for the new millennium! Prawn cocktail, also known as shrimp cocktail, is a seafood dish consisting of shelled, cooked prawns in a cocktail sauce, served in a glass.
Prawn cocktail starter step by step
- Remove the shell, devein the prawns, keep the tail on.
- Boil for about 2 mins. Drain on kitchen paper. Remove tails and set a side for decoration. Chop up the prawns into small pieces.
- Mix mayo and ketchup. Add to prawns and mix. Use a pastry cutter to cut bread into circles. Here I was undecided – add salad leaves to the bread and put prawns on top or serve salad separately…..
- Anyway, add prawns on the bread, add tails for decoration, sprinkle with paprika and serve with a salad.
Spicy Prawn cocktail is a classic starter dish where juicy prawns are tossed in traditional pink Marie Rose sauce with an added punch. This one is much healthier and tastier than most as Chris Horridge makes everything for this prawn cocktail recipe from scratch. Browse our entire collection of seafood starters for more inspiration on appetisers from the ocean. When serving as a starter, it's traditional to serve your prawn cocktail in a glass bowl. If you don't have glass bowls, sundae glasses, glass tumblers, cocktail glasses or large wine glasses would work just as well, or you can bypass the serving dish altogether and serve on lettuce leaves as I have for this recipe!