You can cook Easter kalitsounia using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Easter kalitsounia
- It’s of Fof the filo pastry.
- It’s 1 kg of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 of bit of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
- You need of as much water as it takes.
- Prepare 1 of little bit of tsikoudia (raki), optionally.
- Prepare of For the filling.
- It’s 1 kg of mizithra.
- You need 250 g of malaka (cretan soft fresh cheese).
- It’s 1/4 of anthotyro.
- You need of spearmint.
- Prepare of egg for brushing.
- Prepare of sesame seeds.
Easter kalitsounia instructions
- Use a bowl to put all the liquids and then gradually add the flour..
- After making it, let it rest..
- Put all the cheeses in a bowl and then chop the spearmint into it. Use your hands to mix so that all the cheeses integrate well..
- Continue by rolling out the filo and cutting it out into squares using a square tea plate and the speciall cutter..
- Place an amount of filling that equals two walnuts in each sheet and close it by taking each end and folding it to the center..
- Brush with the egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds..
- Bake at 200°C..
recipe by Cookpad Greece @cookpad