Gingerbread Cupcakes. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and allspice; add to the creamed mixture. Cake: Here is my gingerbread cake with cream cheese frosting recipe.
Add the sugar and cinnamon, beating well. Gingerbread Cupcakes – tender, fluffy cake is brimming with well spiced, deep molasses flavor, then it's finished with a rich, tangy cream cheese frosting. If you want to go all out finish them off with mini gingerbread men and Christmas sprinkles. You can have Gingerbread Cupcakes using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Gingerbread Cupcakes
- You need 5 tbsp of room temp butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of caster sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of molasses.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cocoa Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices. Fill the cupcake papers three-quarters full, making sure that the batter is divided evenly. Let cupcakes cool a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating. If there's anything that truly screams Christmas, it's these Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cinnamon Browned Butter Buttercream.
Gingerbread Cupcakes instructions
- Preheat oven at 350°F (175°c).
- Mix together butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
- One at a time add Molasses – egg – egg yolk.
- In seperate bowl mix together dry ingredients.
- Alternate between adding the buttermilk & dry ingredients to the creamed mix.
- Stir until combined.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a sweker comes out clean.
These cupcakes are moist, full of warming spices, so delicious, and simple enough to make any day of the week for a fun December treat. Or in this case, gingerbread cupcakes. Lighter and easier than either gingerbread cookies or gingerbread cake, these cupcakes still possess the sweet flavors of brown sugar and molasses, fragrant winter spices, and the snappy bite that comes from plenty of ginger. Drizzled with a bit of lemon icing, the citrus aggressively. These Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting are a perfect transition between November and December baking.