Sour Milk Biscuits FUSF. And by sour I don't mean really old milk that has gone chunky and lumpy….just milk that is a bit past its prime and has developed that sour smell. One of the easiest ways to use it up is with this Sour Milk Biscuits Recipe. The Best Sour Milk Biscuits Recipes on Yummly
Homemade biscuits call for just six ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter, and milk. And then more butter once they're finished baking because of course we need more butter. I mentioned that these biscuits are easy so do not be alarmed by all the tips that I have for you below. You can have Sour Milk Biscuits FUSF using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Sour Milk Biscuits FUSF
- It’s 2 cups of all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tablespoons of cold, unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tablespoons of cold lard.
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s to taste of salt and sugar.
Big as in mega flaky, mega fluffy, mega layers, mega golden brown, mega buttery, and mega nerdy as we dive deep into However if you'd like the tangy flavor, which I highly recommend, you can make your own sour milk substitute. Sour cream gives these flaky biscuits extra flavor and tenderness. Serve these biscuits with syrup or jam, or top with country ham or sausage gravy. Stir with a wooden spoon or hands until mixture begins to hold.
Sour Milk Biscuits FUSF instructions
- Preheat oven to 425º..
- If not using real buttermilk, add 1 tbsp lemon juice to 1 cup whole milk..
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl..
- Cut butter and lard to 1/4" slices, add to flour mixture. Using just the tips of your fingers, squeeze the pieces until pea size..
- Pour in 3/4 buttermilk, combine with spatula or flexible bench scraper until mixed together..
- Place dough on lightly floured working surface. Loosely form a rectangle, straightening all 4 sides with a metal bench scraper..
- Roll with pin to 12×9". Sprinkle lightly with salt and sugar. Fold over like a letter. Lift with metal bench scraper, scrape surface, lightly coat surface with flour again..
- Turning over, roll again with pin to 12×9". Use a larger biscuit cutter for 6, a smaller cutter for 12. Place on baking sheet with silpat or parchment. Sprinkle again with salt and sugar. Cover, let rest for 30 minutes..
- Bake for 7 minutes, rotate. Bake for another 3-5 minutes until golden brown on top..
- Add extras..
Sour Milk Biscuits Recipe. by CookEatShare Cookbook. Sour milk and feta cheese phyllo pie. Sour Milk Biscuits Recipe – How to Use Up that Sour Milk – Thrifty Jinxy. If you end up with milk that has gone a bit sour, don't throw it away! Use it to make these DELICIOUS Sour Milk Biscuits!