Date Night Lamb Shanks. Lamb Shanks, I have to say that Patti out did herself with this one. All I did was put the things she gave on the grill. She seared the lamb in a cast iron Dutch oven and then made a sauce to cook them in.
The sharp, tangy herb tabbouleh really cuts through. For the best stews, use lamb shanks simmered slowly on the bone Here, Moroccan seasonings mingle for a bright balance of flavors: sweetness comes from dates and onions, and heat and spice from ginger and cumin This tagine is traditionally accompanied only by warm whole wheat pita or Arab. Dates lend it sweetness; chickpeas, sustenance; and a blend of spices, an undercurrent of. You can cook Date Night Lamb Shanks using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Date Night Lamb Shanks
- Prepare of lamb shanks (Make sure your Dutch oven or heavy pot will hold that many).
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s of large onion (red, yellow, white… whichever you prefer).
- It’s of garlic cloves whole (don't chop smaller than 1/2 if prefered. They cook up sweet).
- Prepare of Fresh rosemary chopped (about a palm full or two tbls).
- Prepare of articokes (12 in a can)… I'll slice in half as well.
- You need of pitted Kalamata Olives halved.
- It’s of basic tomato sauce **see my other recipe**.
- It’s of Favored dry white wine (I like pinot grigio or sauvignon blanc).
- Prepare of chicken stock.
Braised Lamb Shanks with Vegetables-How to Cook Lamb Shanks. Mediterranean-Style Wine Braised Lamb Shanks Recipe Juicy succulent lamb chops take minutes to cook. Simply season, rub with a simple garlic and herb marinade and pan fry.
Date Night Lamb Shanks instructions
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Rinse/Pat dry lamb shanks and season liberally with salt and pepper. Using your large heavy bottom pan (Dutch oven/Cast iron pot) drizzle olive oil to coat bottom well (5-6 tbsp) over stove top at med heat. Sear shanks on all sides then remove from pot (set aside)..
- To same pot add onion, garlic, artichokes, and rosemary and cook until onions become translucent/soft. Then add olives, wine, sauce, stock and bring to a boil..
- Add the lamb back to the pot and submerge into the liquid atleast 3/4 in thickest part of shank submerged (add more stock/wine/sauce in equal parts if necessary). Cover tightly with lid and place into oven..
- Cook for 1 hr 45 min to 2 hrs turning shanks once half way through cooking time. I find 2 hrs is best. The meat falls off the bone. :).
- Remove from oven and serve! I plate some mashed potatoes or rice and sit the shank right on top and spoon all the goodness it cooked in on top!.
recipe by paakthacaa @cookpad
With pearl barley risotto. "This dish is inspired by our Scottish brothers and sisters using the incredible spices found in haggis. Slow-cooked tender lamb shanks with a kick of marmalade and whisky, on a bed of creamy barley risotto. You will love it. " More lamb love and lamb recipes coming your way. This one is a special one because it's for Valentine's Day and for Lamb Lover's month which Lamb Chops are succulent, delicious, easy to prepare and serious date night food! I'll walk you through how to make this mouthwatering lamb.