Quick & Delicious Cold Pasta with Canned Tomatoes.
You can make Quick & Delicious Cold Pasta with Canned Tomatoes using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Quick & Delicious Cold Pasta with Canned Tomatoes
- Prepare 200 grams of Pasta.
- It’s 1/2 can of ★ Canned diced tomatoes (or canned whole tomatoes).
- You need 2 tbsp of ★ Olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ★ Lemon juice (you can use vinegar as a substitute).
- Prepare 2 cm of ★ Prepared garlic paste in tube (or 1 teaspoon grated fresh garlic).
- You need 1 of ★ Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 of leaves ★ Basil (if available).
- You need 1 of Cured ham (or roast ham).
- You need 1 of for garnish, if available Pea shoots.
Quick & Delicious Cold Pasta with Canned Tomatoes step by step
- While the pasta is boiling add the ★ ingredients to a bowl, mix, and chill in the refrigerator. (Or, if you'd been storing your canned diced tomatoes at room temperature, chill in the freezer.).
- For the ★ sauce, the lemon juice is optional since the tomatoes are acidic on their own..
- You could also finely chop the basil and then sprinkle it on top later. (I don't like the taste of fresh basil so I just use it as a bit of flavoring. You don't have to add it.).
- Rinse off the pasta in cold water to cool it off, then chill in ice water. Once the pasta is chilled, remove the ice and drain..
- Transfer the pasta to a serving dish and top with the ★ sauce. If you're feeling lazy, you can just add the pasta to the bowl of sauce..
- Top with cured ham and pea shoots for garnish. It's done..
- If you don't like cured ham you can substitute with canned tuna, or roast ham, although you'll need a knife for that..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad