Quick and easy red lentil soup. Red lentils are perfect for weeknights, or whenever you're in a hurry to get a meal on the table. Due to how they're processed, de-husked, and split before packaging, they cook up quicker than any other variety of legumes, although they are slightly lower in fiber than the larger. This Red Lentil Soup is packed with protein and so delicious.
This creamy red lentil soup is an easy vegetarian dinner recipe that's ready in under an hour. Serve it with a side salad or fresh bread for a full meal. Of any of the lentil varieties, the texture of red lentils breaks down the quickest. You can cook Quick and easy red lentil soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick and easy red lentil soup
- Prepare 1 1/4 l of home-made ham stock.
- You need 1 of carrot, diced small.
- Prepare 1 stick of celery, chopped small.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped small.
- It’s 175 g of red lentils.
- It’s 1 of ham stock cube.
- It’s A few of small bits of ham, if you have any spare (optional).
- You need of Ground black pepper.
This makes it perfect for a creamy, pureed soup like this red lentil soup. This red lentil soup recipe was developed through pure necessity. The fridge was bare, with the exception of a few celery stalks, carrots, leeks, and some leftover crushed tomatoes, and I had zero desire to head to the grocery store. A quick glimpse into my pantry confirmed that I had onions.
Quick and easy red lentil soup instructions
- Put all the ingredients except the pepper in a saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring to avoid sticking..
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Taste and season with pepper if wished. Salt should not be necessary with home-made ham stock..
- Serve piping hot with granary bread, crusty rolls or whatever you fancy!.
recipe by John A @cookpad
No crock pot or instant pot needed for this delicious Red Lentil Soup Recipe. This red lentil soup is just perfect for any season. You can eat it warm or cold. It is low calorie, diet friendly and really filling. So, enough about the benefits of lentils, here's how to enjoy them by making this quick and easy red lentil soup inspired by the Lebanese cuisine! 🙂. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) Red lentil and tomato soup is so easy to make.