Chicken and Green Bean Casserole. In baking dish, layer chicken, green beans, soup mixture and stuffing mixture. French-style green beans are topped with Chicken breasts, a creamy soup mixture, and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese and baked until bubbly. My husband, who claims to be strictly a meat-and-potatoes man, asked for seconds the first time I threw together this I cubed and seasoned my chicken and omitted the green pepper and onion, did more green beans though.
Top with remaining cup of cheese. Are you looking for a way to use up some leftover roasted chicken or turkey? One option is to make an easy leftover turkey stew or soup. You can make Chicken and Green Bean Casserole using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken and Green Bean Casserole
- You need of —casserole—–.
- It’s 6 of large eggs boiled.
- Prepare 3 pounds of chicken breast boneless, skinless, and cubed.
- You need 1-1/2 cup of butter crackers, I used Club crackers.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 3 cups of flat green beans, Italian cut, or pole beans.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- It’s 3 of King Hawaiian rolls or 2 hotdog buns.
- It’s 15 ounces of evaporated milk.
- You need of —-five cheese mixture——.
- Prepare as needed of romano cheese shredded.
- It’s as needed of parmesan cheese shredded.
- Prepare as needed of Mozzarella cheese shredded.
- You need as needed of Asiago cheese shredded.
- It’s as needed of Provolone cheese shredded.
- Prepare of —toppings—-.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of parsley chopped.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
Add the green beans and chicken and thicken a bit; stir in the tarragon. Cover and refrigerate for a make-ahead meal. To reheat: Bring back to room temp. Go ahead and prepare your stuffing then set it aside.
Chicken and Green Bean Casserole step by step
- Boil, let cool, and peel the eggs.
- Preheat oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the cubed chicken to pan, cover and simmer..
- Chop the eggs and mix with crackers, and the five cheese mixture, set aside in a bowl.
- When the chicken is almost done, add the salt, garlic and beans. Cover and let cook 15 minutes.
- Add raw eggs to cracker cheese mixture then mix well.
- Remove the casserole from the heat. Break up the bread and add milk, and mix well.
- Add topping and put into oven for 30 minutes.
- Cover and let sit 7 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!.
In a large sauce pan, combine milk. Place green beans and chicken broth in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. You'll need them for the dressing. But that's another story for another time. Stir it in, then check the seasonings.