Are you looking for a fun and unique dessert recipe to impress your friends and family? Look no further than the 38 Cream Tart Number Cake! This cake, which originated in Los Angeles, has taken the baking world by storm with its creative design and delicious taste. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of making your own 38 Cream Tart Number Cake, complete with all the necessary ingredients, equipment, and cooking instructions. Let’s get started!
- 2 batches of sugar cookie dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 batch of whipped cream frosting
- Fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
- Edible flowers (optional)
- Piping bag with star tip
- Number cake template (you can find one online or make your own)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Roll out the sugar cookie dough to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut out two copies of your number cake template.
- Bake the cookie dough for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. Let cool completely.
- Make your whipped cream frosting according to your recipe or package instructions.
- Place the first cookie template on a serving platter and pipe a thick layer of whipped cream frosting on top.
- Add your fresh fruit on top of the frosting. You can arrange them in any pattern you like!
- Place the second cookie template on top of the fruit and gently press down to secure it in place.
- Use your piping bag to pipe dollops of whipped cream frosting on top of the second cookie template.
- Add more fresh fruit and edible flowers on top of the frosting.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Each serving of this 38 Cream Tart Number Cake contains approximately:
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 120mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 32g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 20g
- Protein: 3g
This recipe takes about 30 minutes of active cooking time and 20 minutes of baking time.
- Rolling pin
- Number cake template
- Piping bag with star tip
- Serving platter
This cake is perfect for any occasion, from birthdays to weddings to dinner parties. Serve it as a show-stopping dessert that your guests won’t be able to resist!
You can customize this cake in so many ways! Try using different types of fruit or frosting flavors to create a unique and personalized dessert.
- If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use a plastic bag with a small hole cut in one corner.
- You can use any type of cookie dough for this recipe, such as chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin.
- If you don’t have access to fresh fruit, you can use canned or frozen fruit instead.
This cake is best stored in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap or in an airtight container. It will keep for up to 3 days.
- Make sure your cookie templates are the same size and shape.
- Don’t overfill your piping bag with frosting, as it can become too difficult to handle.
- Experiment with different fruit and frosting combinations to find your favorite!
This recipe makes one large number cake. If you’d like to make multiple numbers, simply double or triple the recipe as needed.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I use store-bought frosting instead of making my own? Yes, you can use any type of frosting you like for this recipe.
- Do I have to use a number cake template? No, you can use any shape you like for this recipe.
- Can I make this cake ahead of time? Yes, you can make this cake up to 1 day in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
The 38 Cream Tart Number Cake is a fun and delicious dessert that is sure to impress your guests. With its customizable design and fresh fruit toppings, it’s the perfect dessert for any occasion. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think!