Tomato and date chutney cake.
You can make Tomato and date chutney cake using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Tomato and date chutney cake
- Prepare 5-6 of medium size Tomatoes.
- Prepare 4 of Dates.
- You need 2 tsp of mango Ginger paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of panch phoran.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red Chilli powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Jaggery powder.
- Prepare 2 cup of whole Wheat Flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Curd.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of vegetable Oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water.
Tomato and date chutney cake step by step
- Soak dates in hot water for 15 minutes. Cut tomatoes roughly put them into a blender jar and make a fine puree..
- Put soaked dates into a blender jar and make a fine paste..
- Dry roast the panch phoran and make fine powder..
- Heat ghee in a pan add panch phoran powder and mango ginger paste. Saute for some seconds..
- Then add tomato puree,date paste,red chilli powder,salt and mix well. Let them cook for 5-8 minutes on medium to high flame..
- Add 2 tablespoon jaggery powder and cook for another 5 minutes. Now the chutney is ready,let cool completely..
- Now preheat the oven 180 degree for 10 minutes. Take a blender jar,put curd,oil,jaggery,1/2 cup prepared tomato Chutney and blend well..
- Sieve wheat flour,baking powder and baking soda. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients add required amount of water and mix everything well by using a wired whisk.There should be no lumps in the cake batter..
- Pour the mixture into a grease pan and bake it in preheated oven at 180 degree for 30 minutes..
- To check if it is completely baked,insert a toothpick into the center and check. It must come out clean…
- Allow it to cool down. Spread some prepared tomato Chutney to the top of the cake as frosting and serve..
recipe by Illa Kanungo @cookpad