Mom's pumpkin pie. This is the best pumpkin pie ever! My Mom has made this recipe all her life and now I am sharing it with you. My husband is on a restricted diet, so his mom shared the recipe for these pared-down pies.
Pumpkin pie is my absolute favorite Fall dessert. It's one of those seasonal foods that I start craving around Canadian Thanksgiving in early October. This is the traditional pumpkin pie recipe served at holiday dinners. You can have Mom's pumpkin pie using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's pumpkin pie
- Prepare 4 of eggs beaten.
- You need 2 of 9" pie crusts.
- Prepare 1 (29 oz) of can pureed solid pack pumpkin.
- It’s 3/4 c of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 c of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg (heaping).
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 2 (12 oz) of cans evaporated milk.
Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning! This pumpkin pie recipe is easy and will not disappoint during the holiday season. Shake in lots of pumpkin pie spice, up to half of those little containers. If the mixture seems a little thick add more milk, if it seems to soupy add a.
Mom's pumpkin pie instructions
- Prepare pie shells.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- Pour half pumpkin mixture into each pie crust.
- Bake 15 min at 425°, then turn oven to 350°.
- Bake 45-50 min at 350°.
- Pies are done when a knife comes out clean.
This is our favorite way to make pumpkin pie. Family pumpkin pie recipe, it just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without mom's pumpkin pie. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, sugar, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt; mix well. Make your own homemade pumpkin pie spice blend to save money over store bought and also get the freshest taste! Adrienne Urban is the Founder and Owner of Whole New Mom.