Braised Ham Hock and Vegetables.
You can make Braised Ham Hock and Vegetables using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Braised Ham Hock and Vegetables
- Prepare of Ham Hocks.
- You need of Corn.
- It’s of Small Heads Cabbage.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- You need of Large Onion.
- You need of Eggs.
- It’s of Worcestershire Sauce (7 Shakes).
- Prepare of White Cooking Wine.
- It’s of Balsamic Vinegar.
- You need of BBQ Sauce.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Seasoned Salt.
- It’s of Creole Seasoning.
- Prepare of Kosher Salt.
Braised Ham Hock and Vegetables step by step
- Add Ham Hocks to a pot. Add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes. Skim off any drugs that float to the top..
- Remove Ham Hocks and turn off heat. Reserve. Wash and prep all veggies. Remove, kernels from corn, peel onion, etc. save all scraps, peels and husks..
- Add all scraps and trim to the ham broth. Season generously and add cooking wine. Cover. Bring to a hard boil, reduce heat to a rolling boil. Cook for an hour. Keep an eye on the liquid. If you think it’s getting low, add a bowl of water..
- Strain your ham infused vegetable broth. Return ham to broth. Broth should be barely covering the ham. Add water if it’s not. Add BBQ Sauce, Worcestershire, Balsamic Vinegar. Cover, bring to a boil, then low boil for 1.5 hours. Skim any drugs and add water if necessary. Boil 5 eggs and let cool while you wait..
- Add peeled and cooled hard boiled eggs to the pot with 45 minutes on the timer. Add veggies with 30 minutes left. Hit the veggies with a pinch of kosher salt to release water. Add some black pepper as well. Cook until veggies and pork are tender..
- Enjoy 😊.
recipe by Karl @cookpad