Funny Easter Bunnies.
You can have Funny Easter Bunnies using 23 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Funny Easter Bunnies
- It’s of the cookies/bunny's face.
- It’s 1/3 cup of soft margarine.
- It’s 1/3 cup of peanut butter, I used crunchy.
- It’s 1/3 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soft light brown sugar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of drinking chocolate (I used Cadbury's, but cocoa is fine, or use Ovaltine).
- You need 1 cup of Quaker oats.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 of grated zest of half an orange.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need of the baskets.
- You need 1 1/3 cup of mini mallows.
- You need 3 tbsp of soft margarine or baking blend.
- Prepare 2 cup of Rice Krispies.
- It’s 1 packages of Cadbury Mini Eggs.
- It’s of the decorations.
- Prepare 1 packages of jell-o of choice.
- You need 100 grams of white chocolate.
- Prepare 1 packages of cola bottles (sweeties/candy).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pink and white micro mallows.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of currants.
- You need 2 tbsp of sultanas.
Funny Easter Bunnies instructions
- Cut 9 drinking straws into two three inch lengths each. Put all cut pieces of drinking straw into a small narrow container, I used an empty rinsed out spice jar…nothing too spicy or strong..
- Make the jell-o with half a cup cold water, in a jug for one minute in the microwave..
- Stir the dissolved jell-o then pour into thr spice jar, making sure it fills the straws. Refridgerate for at least an hour. (Any remaining jell-o can be topped up with cold water and made as usual in a cup or little bowl).
- Heat oven to 180 C.
- In a large bowl, beat together the peanut butter, margarine/baking blend, sugars and drinking chocolate powder..
- Add the oats and the flour with the baking powder..
- Add the egg and the orange zest..
- Mix well, then take walnut sized balls of the mixture and roll them gently and place on an ungreased baking sheet, with spaces left between them (you may need to do two batches…I made about 18 cookies).
- Bake the cookies for 25 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool..
- Melt the mini mallows with the margarine, then mix with the Rice Krispies..
- Put spoonfuls into sillicon cupcake cases and put two mini eggs into each one. Refridgerate..
- When the cookies are cool, melt the white chocolate and spoon it into a piping bag with a small hole in the tip (I made one from a large triangle of baking paper…there are tutorials online).
- Lay each cookie on a 5 inch by.5 inch square piece of baking paper and place a basket below each one..
- Place small blobs of white chocolate in the relevant places and add: currants for eyes, pink micro mallows for noses, two white micro mallows for its teeth, cola bottles for ears, then use white chocolate to attach the baskets under its chin and use currants as paws, holding the baskets..
- Take the jell-o straws out of the fridge, pull one straw out at a time and squeeze one end (like toothpaste) until the jell-o comes out, and place each one over a basket like a handle..
- Allow the bunnies to set at room tempetature for a couple if hours then wrap in the paper and secure with ribbon or tape and put into the fridge to set properly..
recipe by Celeste @cookpad