Banana and medjool date muffins.
You can make Banana and medjool date muffins using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana and medjool date muffins
- It’s 300 g of self-raising flour.
- You need 150 g of sugar.
- You need 60 ml of olive oil/ or any oil.
- It’s 100 ml of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chia seeds.
- It’s 4 of bananas.
- You need 150 g of medjool dates, pitted and chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
Banana and medjool date muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C..
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, add the sugar, cinnamon and pinch of salt..
- Mash 3 bananas up(set the other one aside) and add to a separate bowl. To that bowl, add the egg, buttermilk, oil, dates and vanilla extract. Combine with the bowl with flour(dry ingredients) add half of the chia seeds to the batter..
- In a greased muffin tin, scoop out the batter into the tin. Slice the remaining banana into slices and place on top of batter. Sprinkle over the other half of the remaining chia seeds on top of the batter..
- Bake for 20 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Serve with a piping hot cup of tea or coffee as a great on the go snack :).
recipe by Dominique Solomon @cookpad