Banana and date muffins. A tasty sweet muffin recipe that won't blow your diet. Bananas and dates team up with bran cereal for a tasty breakfast treat. Mix in bananas, vanilla, cereal and dates.
How to make banana pecan muffins. Make the batter: Soak the dates in boiling water for a few minutes until soft then puree until smooth with a blender/food processor/immersion blender. This time it was for banana muffins with dates and walnuts. You can make Banana and date muffins using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Banana and date muffins
- It’s of banana.
- Prepare 100 grams of brown sugar.
- Prepare 300 grams of self raising flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed spice.
- It’s 2 of large over ripe bananas.
- Prepare 160 grams of seeded chopped dates.
- You need 3 of eggs lightly beaten.
- You need 80 ml of vegetable oil(I use olive oil).
- It’s 80 ml of buttermilk.
It sounded hearty and "fall-ish" to me and I didn't waste any time getting to work. The muffins were dense and dry, even the grandchildren pushed them away at the breakfast table. A good description might have been "banana flavored. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
Banana and date muffins step by step
- Grease 12 hole muffin pan.
- Put dry ingredients into large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients..
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Bake in moderately hot oven for 20 minutes..
recipe by almu21 @cookpad
In another bowl, blend the remaining ingredients. Add to the dry ingredients and stir gently with a spatula until the mixture is barely moist. Scoop the batter into the muffin cups. Here's a quick and easy muffin recipe to use up those brown speckled bananas on your counter top. You have been ignoring them a bit too long, haven't you?