Strawberry banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. For cupcake perfection, use power ingredients like sour cream, buttermilk, and three ripe bananas. Judging by the response to my favorite banana I also shared a recipe for banana layer cake topped with brown butter cream cheese frosting. All this banana razzmatazz put me in the mood to test out.
But really, can you blame me? And I actually preferred going all strawberry instead of a cream cheese frosting, because it didn't diminish that sweet strawberry flavor at all. To make the cream cheese frosting, you just need a few ingredients. You can cook Strawberry banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Strawberry banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting
- Prepare 1 box of strawberry cake mix.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of banana.
- You need 1 box of strawberry jello (I used the small box).
- Prepare 1 box of cream cheese (softened).
- It’s 1 stick of butter (Softened).
- It’s 4 1/2 cup of powder sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk.
I love the combination of cream cheese and banana cupcakes, and also that the frosting isn't loaded with powdered sugar. TIP: If you have a dairy-intolerance, you can substitute plain Greek nondairy yogurt for the cream cheese in the. And that cream cheese frosting is pretty much perfection. It's sweet, tangy and the perfect topping for delicious banana cupcakes.
Strawberry banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting instructions
- Whisk eggs. Add cake mix, water, butter milk, oil and jello to eggs. Beat well..
- Slowly add buttermilk to mixture. Mix well..
- Add banana (you may want to mash it first if the banana isn't ripe enough to easily blend with mix).
- Grease your cake pan 13×9 or u can use cupcake trays – makes 24 cupcakes.
- Put in a 350° pre-heated oven and bake for about 25-35 min depending on your oven..
- Meanwhile to make frosting cream your butter and cream cheese together..
- Add vanilla and mix well. Slowly add 1/2 of sugar and milk until creamy..
- Add remaining sugar.
- Allow cake to cool completely then frost..
If you notice something isn't right, get it checked out regardless of how busy you are, or how much anxiety you have. These Strawberry Cupcakes are made with fresh strawberry puree and topped with cream cheese frosting! Frost them with your favorite strawberry frosting buttercream, cream cheese frosting, or whipped cream. I use fresh berries in all of my strawberry desserts – like my strawberry banana bread and strawberry pavlova and any of my I always suggest strawberry frosting for strawberry cupcakes. These strawberry cupcakes are the real deal!