Murtabak – stuffed pan-fried bread.
You can make Murtabak – stuffed pan-fried bread using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Murtabak – stuffed pan-fried bread
- It’s of all purpose flour.
- You need of sourdough starter (5g dry yest + 50gflour + 3 tbls warm water).
- It’s of date syrup or honey.
- You need of almond milk.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of vegan egg(1 tblsp flax seeds + 3tbls water).
- Prepare of Whisk together the ground seeds and water until well combined, then place in the fridge to set for 15 minutes.
- It’s of melted coconut butter.
- You need of baking soda.
- You need of walnuts.
- Prepare of date syrup.
- Prepare of coconut oil for frying.
Murtabak – stuffed pan-fried bread step by step
- Mix the sourdough starter with milk (luke warm), add date syrup and flour. Mix it well with whisk. Keep it aside for 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes, mix in an vegan egg and melted butter. Whisk it well..
- Heat non-stick pan, add little coconut oil on the pan and swirl it around..
- Add 1/4 tsp baking soda into the batter. Mix it well..
- Lower the heat, pour in the batter into the pan. Cook it with low heat and cover the pan with a lid/plate..
- Cook it until air bubbles appear in the pancake. Sprinkle the extra date syrup on it. Cover it again and cook it until well done..
- Using spatula and go around the rim of the pancake to ensure it is not stick on the pan and have a look on the bottom of the pancake..
- Cook it for around 10-12 minutes. When the bottom side is golden brown, the pancake is ready..
- Remove it out on the plate/cutting board..
- Smear extra butter on top of pancake, add choice of toppings such as chocolate, ground nuts, etc..
- Fold it into two and smear butter on top of it. Slice it..
recipe by Cook Eat and Travel @cookpad