My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate. "I've always found chocolate chip cookies to be deeply flawed (to know this about me explains a lot)," she writes "Too sweet, too soft, or with too much chocolate Shortbread is supposed to be dense. That's part of why it's so good.) You can also do this using parchment paper, if you prefer, but plastic. Chocolate Chip Shortbread Cookies are a buttery, melt in your mouth twist on classic shortbread!
These are shortbread cookies with chocolate chips. They won't taste like your typical chocolate chip cookie, they will taste like a shortbread cookie with a bite of chocolate chip and walnut. A suggestion for those whose cookies turned out to have butter running out of them when baking, softened butter. You can make My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate
- Prepare of Cookie Dough—-.
- Prepare 1 1/2 sticks of butter (room temp.) – used grass fed cow butter.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of sugar.
- Prepare 1 t. of vanilla -used our homemade vanilla.
- It’s 1 t. of salt.
- It’s 2 c. of flour.
- Prepare of Chocolate Frosting—-.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter (room temp.).
- Prepare 1/4 c. of shortening.
- Prepare 2 c. of sugar.
- Prepare 1 t. of vanilla.
- You need 1/2 c. of cocoa powder.
These Low Carb Shortbread Cookies are made with a combination of creamy butter, almond flour and oat fiber! I haven't eaten shortbread or butter cookies in such a long time! I remember we used to eat these during Christmas when I was a kid and they were. Bake Ina Garten's chocolate-dipped Shortbread Cookies for the perfect bite with tea, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network.
My lil' Shortbread Cookies with Chocolate step by step
- Brown Butter- My family gets excited when I'm using that fancy French word -beurre noisette- Means mom's making her Little Shortbread Cookies! And why you ask, because it adds a deep, nutty flavor to myO cookies! 💚 To make brown butter simply start melting butter over medium heat. We use grass fed cow butter…no gmo's. Please only use real butter people, stop outting chemicals in your awesome bodies! Use a pan with a light-colored bottom so you can keep track of the color. I used my favorite old kitchen witch spoon, I like to add in some love & magic..
- Making the Cookie Dough- Grab a nice sized bowl & add your 1 stick of butter, 1/2 cup of sugar. I used an old potato masher to cream my butter and sugar. Stir in brown butter, vanilla & salt. By the way if your lucky enough or flippin spoiled and have a Kitchen Aid Mixer then super awesome. Yeah, I'm jealous. I don't have one…- So I workout my guns! Now start by adding your flour- Just a half a cup at a time. It's a shortbread cookie- so expect a sandy texture to your cookie mix. No Worries..
- Forming the Cookie Dough- I could not find my plastic wrap, so I grabbed a large baggie, cut out the seams, then used it to form my shortbread cookies. It was fun, kinda like Play-Doh. Thou next time I'm going to roll them out and use cookie cutters Cut then about 1/2 inch or less. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350° for about 12 to 15 minutes. Place your bad-ass cookies on a cooling rack..
- My Chocolate Filling- Grab another bowl and add 1 stick of butter (room temp.), 1/2 cup of shortening, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla (used my homemade vanilla)..
- Mix and blend well….Again with the KitchenAid Mixer or just my two little hands. Used a rubber spatula to spoon the filling into baggie with a icing tip. Just pipe it onto each shortbread cookie..
- Time to add the Naughty Chocolate Filling- Glab a baggie fill it with your filling/ frosting, cut the tip off just a tiny bit, give the baggie a whirl- a bit of a squeeze and then your filling will come out No need for fancy pastry bags and tips. Sit back, enjoy the view and have a cookie or 2! 💚.
When the cookies are cool, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Less chocolate chip cookie, more brown sugar shortbread with chocolate chunks—these cookies from Alison Roman's Dining In cookbook have started an Instagram craze. This particular shortbread cookies recipe is brought to the next level with the help of semisweet chocolate. Although you could skip that step altogether, because the buttery shortbread cookie is already so delicious! For these Coconut Shortbread Cookies, buttery shortbread dough is made from scratch, baked until crisp, then half-dipped in dark chocolate and toasted coconut for a delicious treat.