Chicken in walnut pomegranate gravy(fesenjan). This Chicken Stew with Walnut and Pomegranate Sauce recipe is a classic preparation in Persian cooking, going by the name "Fesenjan". Chicken pieces are first browned and then slowly cooked in a sauce with ground toasted walnuts and pomegranate molasses. You might not normally think to.
A delicious recipe for Fesenjan, a Persian Walnut Pomegranate Stew with chicken or chickpeas, or both! Earthy, rich and tangy, this luscious stew is Introducing Fesenjan! A sumptuous Persian Stew made with ground walnuts and pomegranate – earthy, tangy and deep, Fesejan is soulful and oh so. You can make Chicken in walnut pomegranate gravy(fesenjan) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken in walnut pomegranate gravy(fesenjan)
- It’s 800 grams of boneless chicken breast cut to 2.5 cm cubes.
- You need 400 grams of raw walnuts, grinded.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- You need Pinch of saffron.
- It’s of Black pepper, optional.
- It’s 6-8 tablespoons of pomegranate paste(depends how tick it is).
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Cooking oil.
Try this Fesenjan (Pomegranate Walnut Chicken) recipe, or contribute your own. Fesenjan stew is a wonderful Persian concoction made with chicken, pomegranates and walnuts served with rice for a perfect meal with bold flavors! Fesenjan can also be made with different proteins. In the north of Iran, people make this recipe with duck and in some other cities they make.
Chicken in walnut pomegranate gravy(fesenjan) step by step
- Heat some oil in the pot. Saute onions until they change the colour. Add turmeric and chicken and salt and pepper. Saute until chicken no more pink..
- Add grinded walnuts and saute for couple of minutes. Now add enough ice water. Cover the pot and let the chicken half cooked slowly with medium low flame..
- Now add pomegranate paste and continue for another 2 hours or until stew is rich and dark in colour and oil from walnuts come out..
- Serve Fesenjan with steamed white rice..
Fesenjan is a delicious Persian chicken stew flavored with walnuts and pomegranate. It's a comforting dish for a cold day and perfect to make ahead Khoresh-e Fesenjān, or fesenjan for short (sometimes spelled fesenjoon), is a stew (khoresh) from Iran. It is believed to originate from the Gilan. Tender chicken is cooked in a walnut pomegranate sauce and served over steamed saffron rice. Once cooled, transfer to a food processor or blender and blend into a.