Who doesn’t love cake? It’s the perfect dessert for any occasion, but sometimes you don’t want to make a huge cake that will go to waste. That’s where this 4 inch cake recipe comes in handy! You can have your cake and eat it too, without worrying about leftovers. Plus, it’s just too cute not to make.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, melted butter, vanilla extract, and egg white.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased 4 inch cake pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan.
- Decorate as desired and enjoy!
Calories per serving: 250
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrates: 37g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 4 inch cake pan
Top with fresh berries, whipped cream, or your favorite frosting.
You can add cocoa powder for a chocolate cake, or switch up the flavor by adding different extracts such as almond or lemon.
You can substitute the all-purpose flour with cake flour for a lighter texture. You can also use vegetable oil instead of butter, and any type of milk you prefer.
This cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Make sure to let the cake cool completely before removing it from the pan to avoid it falling apart.
- Don’t overmix the batter, or the cake will become tough.
- Use a toothpick to check if the cake is done. If it comes out clean, it’s ready!
- Grease the cake pan well to prevent the cake from sticking.
This recipe can be doubled for a larger cake, just adjust the baking time accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different size pan?
Yes, you can adjust the recipe for a larger or smaller cake by changing the pan size and adjusting the baking time accordingly.
Can I use whole eggs instead of egg whites?
Yes, you can use a whole egg, but the cake may turn out slightly denser.
Can I make this cake ahead of time?
Yes, this cake can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator or freezer for later use.
This 4 inch cake recipe is a perfect way to indulge in a mini delight without the guilt of having extra cake going to waste. It’s easy to make, and the variations are endless. Whether you’re making a birthday cake for your furry friend or just treating yourself, this recipe is sure to please. So go ahead, give it a try and enjoy!