Chicken, Ham and Leek Pie. Add the chicken, leeks, and ham hock and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool. Stir through the chopped parsley and refrigerate Spoon the cooled filling into the pastry-lined pie tin.
It turns pot pie into an amazing weeknight dinner! People talked about pie and they never meant sweet pies. It was always a pork pie, or steak & mushroom and I quickly realized that pie in this country is. You can cook Chicken, Ham and Leek Pie using 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken, Ham and Leek Pie
- Prepare of For The Filling.
- It’s 600 ml of Chicken stock – Flavoured with Herbs (Thyme, Rosemary and Black Peppercorns).
- You need 8-10 of Chicken Thighs – Skinned and Boned.
- You need 2 of Large Leeks.
- Prepare 85 Gr of Unsalted Butter (important if using Salty Pork Hoc).
- You need 85 Gr of Plain Flour.
- You need 50 ml of Double cream (can us whipping cream if not available).
- It’s 300 Gr of Pork Hoc – Cooked and Shredded.
- You need 2 Tbls of English Mustard.
- Prepare 75 Gr of Cheddar Grated – I used Mild but up to taste.
- Prepare to Taste of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s of For the Pastry.
- You need 250 Gr of Plain Floor.
- Prepare 1 of Sml Egg.
- You need 45 Gr of Unsalted Butter.
- It’s 45 Gr of Lard Diced (or you can use the Chicken schmaltz when making your own stock if you have it).
- You need 100 ml of water.
- You need 1 of Egg to Glaze.
Using leftover pieces of chicken, you can make a fabulous chicken, ham and leek pie Slimming World style, served with spare veg.an easy dinner! Feast on a range of pies where chicken is teamed with mushroom, ham, leek and other tasty fillings. Chicken pie is proper comfort food for a family dinner. Celebrate British Pie Week with this deliciously creamy, chicken, ham & leek pie recipe.
Chicken, Ham and Leek Pie instructions
- Put Chicken Stock in a saucepan add 5 Sprigs of rosemary 5 sprigs of thyme and 5 peppercorns. Bring to a simmer, then infuse over a low heat for 5 minutes. Then strain to leave just the Stock..
- Add the chicken thighs to the pan, bring back to a simmer and cook gently for 20 minutes. Add the leeks and cook for 10-15 minutes until soft..
- Strain the stock into a clean bowl, and set aside the chicken and leeks to cool..
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a medium-low heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute to make a roux. Swap the spoon for a whisk. Slowly add the reserved chicken stock to the roux, whisking constantly to keep the sauce smooth. Continue cooking the sauce over a medium-low heat for 2–3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens..
- Remove from Heat and Add Cheese and allow to melt, add the Cream and mustard..
- Then Return all the Leeks, Ham and chicken to the sauce and stir to combine. Allow to Cool..
- Place the flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Pour in the eggs. Mix on a medium speed until well incorporated- About 30 secs..
- Melt the butter, lard and 250ml water in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Turn the mixer to a low speed and gradually pour in the warm liquid, stopping as soon as a dough forms. (You can do this by hand with a large bowl and Spoon)..
- Spoon the cooled filling into a oven Proof dish, then roll out the pasty so bigger than the top. Place the pasty on the top and push around the edges trimming any excess..
- Brush the surface evenly with beaten egg and cut a small hole in the middle of the top, to allow the steam to escape. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes (or upto a day) to allow the pastry to set..
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. and cook for 35-40min until pastry is golden and filling is bubbling. Take out of the Oven and rest for 5 mins before serving..
Come visit us here at Farndon Fields in Market Harborough. Roll out the pie crust until it is slightly larger than the pie plate. Chicken, Ham & Leek Pie recipe: Chicken, Ham and Leek pie, served with some lovely veggies. Mix the cornflour with a little of the milk. Try our healthier chicken and leek pie recipe.