Whole Wheat Banana Date Muffins. Ingredients in Whole Wheat Banana Muffins. Simple and healthful ingredients can produce delicious-tasting baked goods if we use them right. I used my whole wheat apple cinnamon muffins and morning glory muffins as the starting points for this recipe.
Course: Breakfast, Desserts, Snacks & Appetizers. In a small bowl mash the two bananas together with the back of a fork. These moist and tasty banana-oat-nut muffins are a healthier indulgence because they are made with whole wheat flour and sweetened with ripe fruit. You can cook Whole Wheat Banana Date Muffins using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Banana Date Muffins
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1 stick of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Shields Date Crystals.
- Prepare 1 cup of Mrs. Butterworth's.
- Prepare 1 cup of Evaporated Milk.
- Prepare 2 each of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 each of Banana, mashed.
And while the muffin recipe is great as written, I think you could completely tailor the "add-ins" to whatever you like! I want to make them again with the. Whole Wheat Flour: Whole wheat is much better for you than white flour. You can feel a little better eating muffins with whole grains.
Whole Wheat Banana Date Muffins step by step
- Combine dry ingredients..
- Melt butter with date crystals. Crystals will not dissolve, but will soften. Stir in syrup..
- Stir butter mixture into dry ingredients..
- Beat together evaporated milk, vanilla and eggs. Beat into main mixture..
- Fold in banana. Mix well..
- Batter should be slightly thicker than a pancake batter, not quite pourable, but spreadable. Add a little evaporated milk if you need to thin it out..
- Distribute batter into a greased muffin pan (I used a silicon muffin mold and it worked pretty great without grease)..
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean..
recipe by Ryan Goodwin @cookpad
Dried bananas: I like to garnish the tops of the muffins with a slice of dried banana. How to make whole wheat banana muffins. This Whole-Wheat Banana version is not only healthy but moist and full of flavor. Top each muffin with a dried banana chip for that extra special touch. Whole-Wheat Banana Muffins. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.