Easter Surprise Basket.
You can make Easter Surprise Basket using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easter Surprise Basket
- You need of vanilla pound cake.
- You need of melted butter.
- You need of mixed berry jam.
- You need of vanilla essence or one packet (cooks).
- It’s of k white chocolate or as needed.
- It’s of small pack of Corn flakes or 6 Tbs.
- It’s of coloured sprinkles.
- You need of sugar fondant – green colour.
- You need of chocolates silicone mould.
Easter Surprise Basket step by step
- Break down the cake into a fine crumble. Add in the butter and jam (as needed to make the crumbles stick together like a dough ball) add vanilla powder. Mix well till everything is combined..
- Using an oval ice-cream scoop or large hollow spoon or hands* to shape half egg shapes with the cake dough. Place in the freezer or fridge for 30 minutes..
- Start melting the white chocolate or coating of choice and prepare the coloured sprinkles in bowls or on a tray each colour separately..
- Once the chocolate melts bring out the cakes and start coating the top curved half, best to use a skewer stick from the bottom side..
- Once each cake is coated, (while the coat is sticky) sprinkle on the coloured sprinkles in one colour or design it as you like. Set to cool in the fridge..
- For the chocolate pieces: place some sprinkles in the mold and fill to the top with the melted chocolate, tap then scrape off the excess chocolate. Place in the fridge to set. You may add nuts, jelly beans or corn flakes instead of sprinkles..
- For the corn flakes boules: mix a few spoonfuls of chocolate corn flakes in the remaining melted chocolate, add sprinkles for fun. Make small balls and place in the fridge to harden..
- Finally using about an apple sized ball of fondant, roll it out really flat and cut it into different sized shreds using a knife. You could use fake grass or green shredded coconut flakes or just make it a flat surface. Make flowers with fondant :).
- Place the shreds in the serving bowl or basket (cover the inside of the basket in foil or decorative paper first to keep it clean). Randomly place the sweets in the basket and serve :).
- You can use any flavored jam or chocolate binder for the cake and any cake you prefer. I just whipped something up 🙂 play and mix n match, let your kids help :).
recipe by Lamiaa Abou-shady @cookpad