BEST Carrot Cake.
You can cook BEST Carrot Cake using 27 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of BEST Carrot Cake
- You need 1 of ~CAKE BATTER~.
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 3 large of eggs.
- It’s 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 cup of grated carrot.
- You need 1 of (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained.
- You need 1 of (3 1/2-ounce) can flaked coconut.
- You need 1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts (I used a 1/2 cup of each) Also have about a 1 cup of nuts to decorate over cake.
- You need 1 of ~BUTTERMILK GLAZE~.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter or margarine.
- You need 1 tbsp of light corn syrup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of ~CREAM CHEESE FROSTING~.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter or margarine, softened.
- You need 1 of (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened.
- You need 1 of (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened.
- Prepare 3 cup of sifted powdered sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
BEST Carrot Cake step by step
- Line 3 (9-inch) round cakepans with wax paper or parchment paper; lightly grease and flour paper. Set pans aside..
- Stir together first 4 ingredients..
- Beat eggs and next 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add flour mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrot and next 3 ingredients. Pour batter into prepared cakepans..
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Drizzle Buttermilk Glaze evenly over layers; cool in pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake..
- ●BUTTERMILK GLAZE●.
- ●Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in large saucepan over medium – high heat. Boil, stirring often, 4 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.●.
- ●CREAM CHEESE FROSTING●.
- ●Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add sifted powdered sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth.●.
- For your finishing touches; you can chop 1 cup of a mixture of pecan and walnut pieces and sprinkle atop and on the sides of the cake..
recipe by angela.walston @cookpad