Butternut squash soup. It adds just the right balance for the squash. Ready in an hour and freezes well. Fortunately for you, it could not be easier.
This is the easiest, creamiest, yummiest Fall This soup was a huge hit at home yesterday! Ready for the coziest, most comforting superfood soup? Use coconut milk for a dairy-free option. You can cook Butternut squash soup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Butternut squash soup
- Prepare 1 of large butternut squash, 2 lb.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 3 tbs of butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of hazelnuts.
- Prepare 3 cups of vegetable stock.
- You need of nutmeg.
This creamy soup is one of my favorite soups to make in the. It's sweet, silky, and slightly spicy. One of the best things about autumn is seeing the produce bins in the markets begin to fill up with all sorts of glorious squash coming in from the. It's a healthy, hearty, delicious single serving meal!
Butternut squash soup step by step
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut squash in half, sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for an hour or till the skin is soft.
- Toast hazelnuts for about 10 minutes, then remove skin and crush. Dice onion..
- When squash is ready let cool before scooping out pulp. Do not use fibers and seeds..
- Melt butter in pot and add onion. Then add squash and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat..
- Use mixer to blend soup, season with nutmeg and add toasted hazelnuts.