Blueberry Hot Biscuit (Scone). Remove to a wire rack and let cool a bit before glazing. For Glaze: Whisk together the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth. Pour evenly over the warm scones.
Place a baking pad or parchment paper on a baking sheet. In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. You can cook Blueberry Hot Biscuit (Scone) using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Hot Biscuit (Scone)
- Prepare of INGREDIENTS for 6 Hot Biscuits.
- It’s 100 g of Flour.
- You need 3 g of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 10 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 10 g of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 35 g of Butter (Salted).
- It’s 40 g of Milk (or cream).
- It’s 60 g of Blueberries (Frozen).
Pour the milk into the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix until half mixed. I'm an avid hot tea drinker. Hot tea and scones are a magical pairing that never disappoints. Whether it's a savory bacon and cheddar scone, an orange cranberry scone or these fresh blueberry filled scones, they're always enjoyed.
Blueberry Hot Biscuit (Scone) step by step
- Operation Time / 20 min Oven Temperature / 400 F Baking Time / 25 min.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- Prepare a medium mixing bowl and a stick mixer with blade inserts..
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl. Add the sugar..
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the bowl..
- Using the stick mixer, mix to a texture of coarse crumbs (if you don't have a machine, you can use your fingertips)..
- Move the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Pour the milk into the dry mixture and use a rubber spatula to mix until half mixed..
- Add the blueberries and mix well (Be careful not to mix too much)..
- Divide the dough into 6 portions..
- Place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack..
Scones are in a category of the baking world called quick breads. This means that scones (and other quick breads like biscuits) can be made and baked quickly because chemical leavening is used instead of yeast to make the bread rise. Baking powder is what is used to leaven these scones and you may notice that this recipe has a lot of baking powder in it. Quick to make and easy to enjoy, scones are a simple type of quick bread that's similar to a biscuit. Here, w'ere sharing our best scone recipes—from classic cream scones to fruit-packed blueberry scones to glazed ginger scones and healthy oat scones.