You can cook Scalloped Potatoes using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Scalloped Potatoes
- It’s 2.5 lbs of potatoes peeled and sliced.
- You need 1 TBSP of butter room temp.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of finely chopped onions.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of flour.
- You need 1/3 Cup of grated Cheese.
- It’s 2 Cups of Milk or Cream.
- Prepare to taste of Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder.
Scalloped Potatoes instructions
- Butter 9×9 inch baking dish.
- Peel and slice potatoes into 1/8 inch thick rounds..
- Drop sliced potatoes into boiling pot of water. Leave in hot water with burner on for 5 minutes. This partially cooks and removes some starch from potatoes. Do not skip this step!.
- Drain and rinse potatoes in cool water..
- Pat potatoes dry..
- Form 3 layers in baking dish. Potatoes first, then onions, flour, and cheese on each layer. A little parmesan cheese on top layer is yummy!.
- Cover baking dish completely with foil and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Then uncover and bake for another 15 to 30 minutes at 425°. Potatoes will be tender when done and milk will have cooked into the potatoes for the most part..
- Cheese is melted and potatoes have formed a slight crust. Done to perfection!.