Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's). Spread batter in bottom of pan. Press apple pieces, cut sides down, into batter. It first appeared in a My mom used to make this every Christmas morning.
A rich, dark fruit cake infused with Yorkshire Sloe Gin. Betty took up with Jack Wilson, a doctor she met at Huntsville's Humana Hospital, where she worked as a nurse specializing in kidney dialysis. They had a traditional wedding ceremony, although the wedding cake had to be sliced before it was allowed in the prison, the Gadsden Times reported. You can make Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's) using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's)
- You need 8 oz of Chopped Dates.
- Prepare 4 oz of Chopped Glazed (Candied) Cherries.
- It’s 1 Cup of Coarseley Chopped Walnuts.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Coarsely Chopped Pecans.
- You need 3 Cups of Flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of Teasponse of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 Cup of Butter.
- It’s 1 3/4 cups of Sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Butter milk.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla.
- It’s 1 cup of White Sugar.
- It’s 1 Cup of Orange Juice.
- You need of Grated Rind of 1 Orange.
- You need 1 cup of shredded Coconut.
Cake Betty Cafe & Cakery, Nelson, British Columbia. A Danish pastry, sometimes shortened to just Danish (especially in American English), is a multilayered, laminated sweet pastry in the viennoiserie tradition. The concept was brought to Denmark by Austrian bakers, and has since developed into a Danish specialty. See more ideas about danish cake, danish food, food.
Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's) step by step
- In Bowl #1 add the following: 8 oz Chopped Dates; 4 oz Chopped Glazed (Candied) Cherries; 1 cup Coarsely Chopped Walnuts; 1 Cup Coarsely Chopped Pecans.
- In Bowl #2 stir together the following: 3 cups of flour; 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda; 1 Teaspoon of Salt. Take about 1/3 of contents of Bowl #2 mixture and add to Bowl #1 to coat the nuts/dates/cherries..
- In Bowl #3 mix in a mixer the following (in order): 1 Cup Butter; 1 3/4 cups Sugar; While Mixing in Bowl #3 add: 3 eggs plus the remaining ingredients of Bowl #2 then 1 Cup of Buttermilk; 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice; 1 teaspoon vanilla..
- After mixing Bowl #3 well, mix in Bowl #1 (Date/Nuts/Cherries) to uniform consistency.
- Prepare 9" Tube cake pan by greasing the pan well, then lining with aluminum foil and greasing the inside of the foil as well. Place the mixture of Bowl #3, evenly distributed around the pan. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 350 degrees (375 degrees at altitudes over 4000').
- While it's baking combine 1 Cup white sugar, 1 Cup Orange Juice, and the grated find of 1 orange in a sauce pan. Mix well and bring to a boil over medium heat..
- Remove cake from oven, test with toothpick to make sure it's done. The toothpick should come out clean when done..
- Remove Orange Juice (sauce pan) from heat and add 1 cup shredded coconut (Mix well) and Pour Orange Juice & Coconut Mix over cake in the pan..
- Cover the cake in the pan with foil and let stand in refrigerator overnight before removing from the pan. Keep sealed and refrigerated for best flavor and longevity. Enjoy.
recipe by Brent.firstname.lastname@example.org @cookpad
Betty says (that) her country consists of four parts. Betty says (that) Nell can come to see her. Betty says (that) you must be careful in this cold climate. The Red Spoon is my promise of great taste, quality, and convenience; This is a product you and your family will enjoy, I guarantee it – Betty Crocker. Betty Crocker; Super Moist; Cake Mix; Dessert Mix; Baking Mix; Cupcake Mix.