Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham.
You can cook Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham
- You need 2 pounds of pinto beans.
- You need 6 of ham slices (I use already cooked).
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Mustard (secret ingredient).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worsteshire sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of beef soup base.
- You need 1 of medium yellow onion.
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves (minced).
- You need of Spices.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground mustard.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of ground cayenne pepper.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham instructions
- Soak beans for 10 mins..
- Add the water, soup base, onion garlic, mustard and all the seasonings..
- Boil for 30 minutes then turn heat to medium and put a lid on and let simmer for 4 hours or until done or Place in a crock pot on high for 3 hours or until done. Garnish with green onions and a slice of warm cornbread..
recipe by Lauren @cookpad