Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham.
You can have Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham using 19 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham
- Prepare of pinto beans.
- You need of ham slices (I use already cooked).
- It’s of water.
- It’s of Mustard (secret ingredient).
- It’s of worsteshire sauce.
- It’s of beef soup base.
- You need of medium yellow onion.
- You need of garlic cloves (minced).
- It’s of Spices.
- You need of ground mustard.
- Prepare of oregano.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- It’s of garlic powder.
- It’s of ground cumin.
- Prepare of thyme.
- It’s of ground turmeric.
- It’s of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of ground cayenne pepper.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Lauren's Pinto Beans and Ham instructions
- Soak beans for 10 mins..
- Add the water, soup base, onion garlic, mustard and all the seasonings..
- Boil for 30 minutes then turn heat to medium and put a lid on and let simmer for 4 hours or until done or Place in a crock pot on high for 3 hours or until done. Garnish with green onions and a slice of warm cornbread..
recipe by Lauren @cookpad