Vickys Mexican-Style Mantecados, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Mexican-Style Mantecados, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Mexican-Style Mantecados, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 175 grams of gold-foil Stork margerine / butter.
- You need 100 grams of caster or soft brown sugar.
- You need 200 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 100 grams of ground almonds or 80g extra flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of xantham gum if using GF flour.
- Prepare 1 of finely grated zest of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 of icing / powdered sugar for dusting.
Vickys Mexican-Style Mantecados, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 3 / 160C / 325°F and line a baking sheet with greaseproof parchment.
- In a bowl, beat the butter until creamy then beat in the sugar.
- Stir in the flour, ground almonds, xanthan gum, lemon zest and cinnamon and combine well to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough lightly until smooth, then roll out on a floured surface until half an inch thick. Cut with a 6cm round cutter and put the rounds onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Dust generously with icing sugar to serve and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- These are a traditional Christmas cookie popular in Spain and Mexico. They are quite similar to Scottish shortbread.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad