Chia Seeds Biscuits. Today's recipe is for those of you serial snackers, I will be telling all about chia and flax seeds biscuits recipe. I love snacking and could just live on snacks. The name says it all really.
Biscuits can be considered as a better vehicle for fortification and enrichment with micro and macro nutrients. These were the best vegan cookies that I've found so far. These low-carb biscuits flecked with nutritious chia seeds are perfectly flaky. You can cook Chia Seeds Biscuits using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chia Seeds Biscuits
- It’s 90 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 80 g of Sugar.
- Prepare 200 g of Flour.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Honey or maple syrup.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 40 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Chia seeds.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Raisins.
They're delicious with butter or jam, or served with your favorite entree or soup. These biscuits are also perfect for those with egg allergies because the chia seeds make a great stand-in for eggs. But so many people say that they don't like the texture of chia seeds when they add them to chia puddings or chia smoothies. Chia seeds turn gelatinous, and the texture is a bit off-putting.
Chia Seeds Biscuits instructions
- Pour the olive oil into a bowl. Add the sugar and mix with spatula..
- Put the flour and baking powder into the bowl and stir. Then pour the milk, add the raisins and chia seeds and mix together..
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line an oven tray with parchment paper. Make small balls and put them in the tray and flatten to about 2 mm thick with your hand. Bake for 10 to 15 min, then remove to a cooling rack..
- Note: It is also tasty to add roughly chopped chocolate instead of dried fruits..
This recipe for chocolate chia cookies however, is the perfect solution! The chia seeds in this recipe stay nice and crunchy instead! Chia Seed Recipes Looking for unique recipes using chia seeds? Chia seeds help to make a dessert similar to tapioca pudding with this recipe. By nikkid; Combine flour, sugar, chia seeds and baking powder in a bowl.