Ginseng Chicken Soup.
You can have Ginseng Chicken Soup using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Ginseng Chicken Soup
- You need 1 of free range chicken, cut into 4pcs.
- It’s 10 grams of American Ginseng.
- It’s 10 of dried red dates.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of wolf berries.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 2 litre of water.
- Prepare 20 grams of Huay Shan.
- Prepare Dash of Pepper for spicy effect when serving.
Ginseng Chicken Soup step by step
- Blanch chicken in hot water till foam appears at the edge. (Or 5-7min) Drain and set aside..
- Throw all ingredients (except wolf berries) into water and bring it to a boil. Once boiled, add chicken. Continue boiling for 8min. Reduce heat and simmer for 40min..
- Add wolf berries and simmer again till you are satisfied with the flavour of the soup. (Boil longer if you prefer a stronger ginseng essence).
- Add salt to taste. Serve..
recipe by Bernie Woo @cookpad