Breakfast Couscous,yoghurt and dates parfait.
You can have Breakfast Couscous,yoghurt and dates parfait using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Couscous,yoghurt and dates parfait
- You need of dates fresh , halved , pitted.
- You need of caster sugar (1/3 cup).
- Prepare of cardamom.
- Prepare of orange rind.
- Prepare of cloves.
- You need of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare of water cold (2/3 cup).
- You need of couscous (1 cup).
- It’s of water boiling (3/4 cup).
- It’s of orange juice (1/4 cup).
- You need of butter.
- It’s of orange rind finely grated.
- It’s of yoghurt reduced – fat Greek (1 1/4 cups).
- You need of pistachio kernels , toasted , coarsely chopped (1/4 cup).
Breakfast Couscous,yoghurt and dates parfait instructions
- Place the dates in a heatproof bowl. Stir the sugar, cardamom, orange rind, cloves, cinnamon and cold water in a saucepan over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the syrup thickens. Pour over the dates, reserving 1 tablespoon of the syrup. Set aside to cool..
- Place the couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Combine the boiling water, orange juice, butter, orange rind and reserved syrup in a microwave-safe jug. Heat on high for 30 seconds. Pour over the couscous. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes. Use a fork to separate the grains. Set aside to cool completely..
- Divide the couscous mixture, yoghurt, dates and syrup among four 375ml (1 1/2 cup) glasses. Sprinkle with pistachio.
recipe by Reshma Venugopal @cookpad