Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit (From Featured Author). Plant-based buttermilk biscuits are perfect any time of day. However, unless you're an expert (aka, from the South), making these regional delights takes a little practice. The key to real Southern biscuits is not in the ingredients but in the preparation of the dough, which must be handled as little.
I baked these on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brushed the tops with melted butter during the last five minutes of baking. These homemade buttermilk biscuits are soft and buttery with hundreds of flaky layers! Buttermilk creates the most tender biscuit! You can have Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit (From Featured Author) using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit (From Featured Author)
- You need 2 cups of Flour.
- It’s 1 TBS of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 1 cup of Almond Milk.
- It’s 1 TBS of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/2 TSP of Baking Soda.
- It’s 3/4 TSP of Sea Salt.
- It’s 4 TBS of Soy Vegan Butter.
Don't Over Mix: Never overwork biscuit dough. I thought it was about time it was updated. So, I've added a video and answers All opinions expressed herein are straight from my heart. I may not have been born in the south, but you'd never know it by the way I bake biscuits.
Vegan Buttermilk Biscuit (From Featured Author) instructions
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Add lemon juice to almond milk and set aside to make "buttermilk".
- Whisk dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
- Add cold butter and combine until only small pieces remain and ut looks like sand. Do not let butter warn up.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and stir gently while pouring the "butter milk" in 1/4 cup at a time.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and very gently turn the dough over on itself about 6 times.
- Form into a 1-inch thick disc, handling as little as possible.
- Use a thick dough cutter or the rim of a small coffee cup and push into the dough.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool before storing. Goes great with my vegan breakfeast gravy (coming soon).
Southern Buttermilk Biscuits – Flaky, buttery and fluffy biscuits made with few ingredients and minimal prep time. These tasty treats take you to your comfort zone and just reminds you of that warm, tight hug from Grandma. It hits every spot and the flavor literally just melts in your mouth. Did you know you can make biscuits from pancake mix? It's a quick and easy way to get delicious biscuits on It features whole wheat flour, unbleached flour , instant nonfat dry milk, sugar, baking powder and salt.